Add tons of flavor to your dinner with chef Aarón Sánchez’s garlic and chipotle chili sauce.
For more recipes by chef Sánchez, check out his book Simple Food, Big Flavor.
Copyright © 2011 by Plácido, Inc. from SIMPLE FOOD, BIG FLAVOR, published by Atria Books, a Division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.
chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
zest of lime
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Pour the oil into a heavy ovenproof medium saucepan and add the garlic. Cover the pot with foil, put it in the oven, and cook until the garlic turns a nutty brown and is really soft (think cream cheese), about 45 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven and let the garlic and oil cool to room temperature.
- Put the garlic and the now garlic-infused oil in a food processor or blender. Add the chipotles and sauce, cilantro, lime zest, and salt and puree until the mixture is very smooth.
- Store in the fridge in a tightly covered container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to a month.