One fusion food that is definitely worth trying.
- Preheat oven to 400° and place a wire rack over a large baking sheet.
Place 5 slices bacon side by side. Lift one end of every other
bacon slice and place another bacon slice on top of the lifted
pieces. Lay slices back. Next, lift opposite bacon slices back and
place a bacon slice on top. Lay slices back down. Repeat weaving
process until you have a bacon weave of 5 strips by 5 strips. Set
bacon weave on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until bacon is cooked but still pliable, 20 minutes.
- Pat bacon weave with paper towels to drain fat and transfer to
a piece of plastic wrap (it helps with rolling!)
- Spread mayo on top of bacon weave in a thin layer, then
top bottom third of bacon weave with tomatoes and avocado.
Sprinkle romaine all over and season with salt and pepper.
- Starting from the bottom, tightly roll, then slice crosswise
into “sushi rolls”.
PRE-ORDER NOW Delish Cookbook, indiebound.org